Author Topic: Looks like Stefan is writing yet another awful book  (Read 6624 times)

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +343
Looks like Stefan is writing yet another awful book
« on: March 27, 2017, 04:09:25 PM »
+4
He recently tweeted what I presume is an excerpt from the book, and in typical Molyneux fashion, literally everything in the excerpt applies to himself.

"Will say anything to achieve his goal other than admitting that he will say anything to achieve his goal"

"has a hidden goal of self-profit, which he clouds in a murky fog of pretended virtue"

"the methodology is not objective, not rational, not empirical, but rather seductive, manipulative - and vicious, should you expose the mendacious machinery of linguistic theft"

Jesus, that is literally word-for-word a description of Stefan and his tactics.
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true." -Socrates

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
Re: Looks like Stefan is writing yet another awful book
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 04:16:17 PM »
+2
And the title is "The Art of the Argument"

Someone should pre-empt this book with "The art of the non-argument" and just create a book filled with how not to argue, chock full of examples from Stefan.
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true." -Socrates

Monster

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +218
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 04:54:38 PM »
+7

Rafaman

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +220
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 05:51:04 PM »
+4
Stefan's written work is really poor.

It's a pretentious word salad with conclusions stated in the arguments. The copious fluff that he jams into every sentence is a big distraction.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 05:54:21 PM by Rafaman »

Brainpolice2

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +92
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 09:06:09 PM »
+2
Word, he always was a terrible writer, and in a sense a terrible debater (by the standards of ethical and reasonable debate). Where he excels at influencing people is in the realm of oratory and salesmanship skills.

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 12:52:21 AM »
+1
hahaha Monster that is good, "getting triggered by imaginary insults" so true

It's a pretentious word salad with conclusions stated in the arguments. The copious fluff that he jams into every sentence is a big distraction.

Yeah seriously, I've never seen anybody pepper their speech/writing with more unnecessary and superfluous language than Stefan.

In high school and undergrad courses, I would always receive As on my writing assignments, and then I had this one English lit professor who pretty much changed how I wrote on a fundamental level. She would mark up all of my papers with red ink, not because of grammar but because of how much excessive and unnecessary language I would use while getting my point across. At first it was a huge shock and kind of an annoyance, since I'd felt as if I had been such an amazing writer yet I was receiving Bs and Cs. Up until that point, I had been [almost on a sub-conscious level] just adding crap to meet length requirements but blending it in well enough to where most professors either didn't care or didn't notice. Anyway, she taught me that plain language that best gets your point across is much more effective than trying to sound intelligent or wax eloquent, and ever since her class I've followed this advice.

Point being, Stefan reminds me of my writing style before that course (except Stefan is much, much worse about this). His use of flowery, bullshit language seems characteristic of cult-speak. There's probably a technical term for this...in fact I think I've read it on this very forum, but my memory is failing me right now.

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 12:53:43 AM »
Word, he always was a terrible writer, and in a sense a terrible debater (by the standards of ethical and reasonable debate). Where he excels at influencing people is in the realm of oratory and salesmanship skills.

bingo

He would've thrived as a used car salesman. I actually tend to avoid that comparison because I know used car salesmen and they're actually a lot less slimy than Stefan.  ;D ;D

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 01:28:07 AM »
I almost posted this exact same thread today.  Monster, that is hilarious!  hahaha... good stuff. 

I noticed in recent shows he's been talking about his new upcoming book.  I'm assuming it will be self published, which is fine, but notice he charges almost nothing for the books on amazon.  Vox Day did an interview with him a while back and offered to look at Stef's writing to see if he could publish it (Vox does have a successful publishing company).  I'm guessing he didn't think too highly of Stef's work to publish it. 

I remember when I was a young composer, I asked one of my friends (who happened to be pretty well established with over 40 publications) about rejection.  He immediately told me that he just received a triple rejection from one of his publishers.  He later went on to publish more than 100 pieces and now lives off his concert music entirely.  Anyway, the point I'm getting at is that writing is a tough profession.  Even those who are successful will often face rejection and constant challenges.  It's definitely not for those who want everything to be handed to them.  Self publishing sometimes works, but I don't consider giving away your books for free as self publishing.

Monster

• FDR Authority
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 01:45:08 AM »
+1
Stefan reminds me of my writing style before that course.

No, no, no, you just aren't trying, let me help you out . . . .

"The degree to which Stefan's writing style reminds me of my writing style is the degree to which his writing style mirrors my writing style before I took writing classes at several "Ivy League" colleges here in Canada, I just wanted to point that out as that's really important for people to understand. It's like a mirror, what happens when you look in a mirror ? Do you see someone else's reflection ? No of course not, that would mean you were insane, or didn't know how to think, you see your own reflection ! If you saw someone else you wouldn't be looking at a mirror, you'd be looking at a painting or a photograph or, if you're a single mom on the left, you'd be watching daytime TV paid for by a steady stream of government cheese. But when we see our own reflection reflected in that which we recognise as fundementally ourselves then we have empirical evidence that what we are seeing is the shadow cast by the way we express ourselves in the word, that's really important for people to understand."

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:37:35 AM by Monster »

Marc Moïni

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +56
    • marcmoini.com
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 09:19:12 AM »
+1
No, no, no, you just aren't trying, let me help you out . . . .

"The degree to which Stefan's writing style reminds me of my writing style is the degree to which his writing style mirrors my writing style before I took writing classes at several "Ivy League" colleges here in Canada, I just wanted to point that out as that's really important for people to understand. It's like a mirror, what happens when you look in a mirror ? Do you see someone else's reflection ? No of course not, that would mean you were insane, or didn't know how to think, you see your own reflection ! If you saw someone else you wouldn't be looking at a mirror, you'd be looking at a painting or a photograph or, if you're a single mom on the left, you'd be watching daytime TV paid for by a steady stream of government cheese. But when we see our own reflection reflected in that which we recognise as fundementally ourselves then we have empirical evidence that what we are seeing is the shadow cast by the way we express ourselves in the word, that's really important for people to understand."

This cracks me up. And your book cover above too! Thanks for the laugh!  ;D
lessons from my journey out of confusion and despair:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEy_JSW_saSvsiG6wFnB8DeYUzT26-bA6

Monster

• FDR Authority
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 02:36:23 PM »
+1
This cracks me up. And your book cover above too! Thanks for the laugh!  ;D

The thing is, it's petty close to what he'd actually say ;D whereas other people are able to communicate ideas straightforwardly ('it's a good idea shop around for a TV' or 'a government has no money of its own' or 'don't choose a partner you don't share values with' . . . etc), Molyneux manages to take even the simplest idea and turn it into a 10 minute twisting meandering monologue, delivered as if by a applicant to a school theatre group.

If you were to take one of his monologues, and remove all the conversational parts, the jokes, the asides, the silly voices, the tangents, the pronouncements, the endless meandering analogies, the emotional/angry outbursts . . . at the core of his message you'll find little other than very basic, even axiomatic, points and a whole lot of ornamentation.

Rafaman

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +220
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »
hahaha Monster that is good, "getting triggered by imaginary insults" so true

Yeah seriously, I've never seen anybody pepper their speech/writing with more unnecessary and superfluous language than Stefan.

In high school and undergrad courses, I would always receive As on my writing assignments, and then I had this one English lit professor who pretty much changed how I wrote on a fundamental level. She would mark up all of my papers with red ink, not because of grammar but because of how much excessive and unnecessary language I would use while getting my point across. At first it was a huge shock and kind of an annoyance, since I'd felt as if I had been such an amazing writer yet I was receiving Bs and Cs. Up until that point, I had been [almost on a sub-conscious level] just adding crap to meet length requirements but blending it in well enough to where most professors either didn't care or didn't notice. Anyway, she taught me that plain language that best gets your point across is much more effective than trying to sound intelligent or wax eloquent, and ever since her class I've followed this advice.

Point being, Stefan reminds me of my writing style before that course (except Stefan is much, much worse about this). His use of flowery, bullshit language seems characteristic of cult-speak. There's probably a technical term for this...in fact I think I've read it on this very forum, but my memory is failing me right now.

A female, academic had the audacity to impose their authority over you? Molyneux's ears just pricked up.

Hierophant

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 08:16:48 PM »
Even Ayn Rand would be "whoa there buddy you don't have to be so melodramatic"

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +761
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 02:01:14 PM »
So, he's found time to write (or just promise to write?) a new book, while making excuses for several years that he doesn't have enough time to work on or finish the parenting book, a UPB follow-up book, and a documentary that he's been promising donors who have specifically donated for those promised items?

Can he endure the humiliation of another disastrous book after UPB and RTR?  LOL.

I think the parenting book would be hilarious to pick apart after all the stories he's told on his own show and on Rogan's show that make him look like a passive aggressive, tyrannical, emotionally manipulative, narcissist husband and father.  If he ever came out with a parenting book, I predict parenting and psychology experts as well as his critics will be making videos digging out all the examples of his horrible parenting, which I'm sure his daughter will find if he ever lets her out on the Internet in her lifetime.  I'm sure her childhood is a maximum security prison.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 02:11:04 PM by money detonator »

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 03:03:57 PM »
Looks like it is out now on Amazon.